The first step in your job search may be daunting. You may have been searching for a while with no luck, just started your job search after not having to search for a very long time, or you could even be a recent graduate just looking for an opportunity to gain experience. Whatever point you are at in your job search, there are always questions about Cadre and our process.
When you apply for a position or call into Cadre searching for a job, a Personnel Coordinator will be one of the first people you will speak with. As a Personnel Coordinator, I hear many questions from our applicants. The following are a few of the more frequently asked in the initial phone screening:
- How soon will it
be until I receive a position?
- Unfortunately, we can’t guarantee a certain date that you will receive a position. While our applicants may be looking for similar positions, their overall job searches are usually unique to them. Matching our clients’ needs to our applicants’ needs may be seamless and we may be able to get you out working in a few days. It may, however, take a little longer to find the right match for both parties.
- How much does it
cost to use Cadre?
- Cadre is free to all of our applicants! There are no initial fees and whatever pay rate you are offered is the pay you will receive. Our main focus for you is to find that position that is right for you and your life.
- Why should I be open to a temporary position?
- Temporary positions are not only a great way to get you out working if you are unemployed, but they also allow you to get your foot in the door with a company. There are many companies that are only able to hire an applicant for a temporary position initially. If, however, you are able to prove yourself and make a great impression, our clients aren’t going to want to let you go, and if they can they will try to keep you on as a permanent employee. Also, if you are trying to gain experience or if you are making a career change they are great ways to gain the experience you’ll need for that permanent position you’re seeking.
- You’re a staffing agency, so you only have temporary positions, right?
- Here at Cadre, we have both temporary and permanent positions. Our temporary positions are as they sound and they can last anywhere from a few days to a few years. However, our temporary-to-hire opportunities are permanent positions with Cadre’s clients. The only difference between these opportunities and the ones you see on your own is that with these positions you would do a 480 hour (3 months if you are full time) standard probationary period through Cadre. Assuming that it is a good match for both you and the client, you will roll onto the client’s payroll after the probationary period. Sometimes clients will “buy out” the balance of the probationary period to get you onto their payroll sooner!
While job searching can be scary, confusing and stressful, it doesn’t have to be. Cadre is here to answer your questions and ease your mind when it comes to your search. When you reach out to us you can be assured that we will do everything we can to help you find the opportunity you are looking for.