Are you a Credit / Accounting Assistant who has strong math skills? Are you a Credit / Accounting Assistant who enjoys working under pressure in a fast-paced environment?
Our client has been in business for over 100 years and is one of the largest companies in their industry. They are committed to delivering innovative products and strive to provide a great working environment for their employees.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Credit / Accounting Assistant, you will manage an assigned portfolio of accounts, primarily identifying any risk to the company and cash flow.
- Manage credit activities for assigned account portfolio; request payments of delinquent invoices, resolve variances between amounts charges and credits issued and assist customers in understanding charges
- Evaluate credit worthiness of assigned accounts to determine financial risk to the company resulting in releasing orders for shipment, delaying future order and potential adjustments to credit lines
- Fulfill customer’s requests for duplicate invoice copies, shipping papers, proofs of delivery or other documents as needed to reconcile accounts
- Maintain communication with internal departments to ensure timely payment of delinquent invoices
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have experience with one of the following, financial analysis, collections/customer service, accounting/bookkeeping or a credit type background
- Must have strong math skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance is preferred
- Computer savvy with the ability to toggle between multiple screens and learn new programs quickly
- Basic/intermediate skillset in Excel
- Strong and accurate data entry skills
- Excellent phone and listening skills
- Extremely high attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and multitask
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
- Team player
WHAT YOU GET:
- Clean and open environment
- Casual dress code
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Pay for the Credit / Accounting Assistant position: $15.00 – $16.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 136999
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com