Are you an Accounts Receivable / Collections Specialist who is detailed and works well with numbers? Are you Accounts Receivable / Collections Specialist who is looking for an opportunity within a team environment?
Our client specializes in providing transportation and supply chain services to shippers throughout North America.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Accounts Receivable / Collections Specialist you will monitor customer accounts and communicate with customers to collect on past due payments and assist in establishing credit limits.
- Identify delinquent accounts and communicate through e-mail or telephone with the customer regarding expectations of collecting payments
- Place collections calls and/or correspondence to customers related to past due accounts receivable
- Provide customer service regarding collection issues including providing customers documentation related to their account and respond to customer inquiries
- Investigate any collection discrepancies by working with sales, operation, and the customer to get the issue resolved and corrected along with adjusting entries in the system
- Set up customers in their software system for all required documents such as credit references, credit reports and customer contracts and establishing initial credit limit
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, vendors
- Create, monitor and analyze accounts receivable reporting
- Identify, research and provide creative problem resolution with carriers, customers and vendors
- Perform general billing and accounting duties as needed
- Identify, analyze, recommend and implement improvement processes to streamline the processed
- Cross train within finance department for assistance as needed ensuring that payments received in the form of cash, checks, ACH and credit card transactions are posted
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 2-3+ years of accounts receivable/collections experience
- Any experience in transportation, brokerage or supply chain is a plus
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is a plus
- Computer savvy with the ability to learn new software/programs quickly
- Basic skillset in MSWD, Outlook and intermediate in Excel
- Any QuickBooks knowledge is a huge plus
- Self-motivated, positive attitude and eager to learn
- Must have excellent customer service and communication skills both verbal and written
- Must be able to handle the collection calls and can’t be afraid to be on the phones
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent decision making and problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well independently
- Must be willing to cross train in other areas
- Strong work ethic and team player
WHAT YOU GET:
- They have great longevity within the company
- Opportunity to help make the company more successful and profitable
- They work very well as a team overall and like to work hard and play hard
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
Hours: 40 hours per week between the hours of 7:00am-5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Accounts Receivable / Collections Specialist position: $15.00 – $22.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job ID: 137382
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.