Are you an Accountant / Payroll Administrator who has strong math and Excel skills? Are you an Accountant / Payroll Administrator who enjoys working in a team environment?
Our client has been in business since 1994 and offers services all throughout the Midwest.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Accountant / Payroll Administrator, you will be working in a team of 3, processing payroll, billing, as well as being cross trained in all areas to help out wherever as needed.
- Process weekly payroll runs for employees with minimal oversight on routine procedures
- Administer and set up of all new/terminated employees and update multiple systems
- Reconciliation of union/apprentice dues and monthly payments
- Coordinate with HR manager and benefits broker regarding employee enrollment and changes
- Reconciliation of medical/dental/life carrier invoices
- ACA administration – reconciliation and preparation of year-end reporting
- 401(k) and employee benefits administration and coordinating with HR manager on employee enrollment, changes, payments to vendor and reconciliation
- Understand subsistence and mileage reimbursement
- Track incentive compensation program administration and payments
- Inspection and contract billings
- Accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- State and federal tax deposits
- Quarterly tax filing
- Annual tax filing including reconciliation
- Provide an accurate response to requests for information from federal and state agencies
- Garnishment administration and payments to the appropriate agencies
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 3+ years of general accounting including payroll experience
- Any experience with union collective bargaining agreements is a plus
- Any construction industry experience is a plus and various union experience within the industry is also a plus
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge and understanding of employee benefits and pay is a plus
- Must have a working knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations affecting payroll
- Intermediate skillset in Excel
- Experience using Foundation Construction Software is a plus
- Strong communication and decision making skills to resolve employee issues regarding paychecks and benefits
- Must be assertive and confident when needed to get things correct and resolved
- Ability to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced and ever changing environment
- Strong analytical skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Team environment
- Some flexibility with hours
- Have your own office
- Health insurance
Hours: 7:00am – 3:30pm or 7:30am – 4:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Accountant / Payroll Administrator: $18.00 – $24.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 138070
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.