Are you an Accounting Specialist who has strong Excel skills? Are you an Accounting Specialist who is looking for an opportunity within a non-profit organization?
Our client is a campus ministry organization that works to engage others through gatherings, events and trainings.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Accounting Specialist, you will process payables weekly by ACH, check, Pcard or wire.
- Setup suppliers and manage lease payments
- Organize the annual 1099 reporting process
- Process donation batches and assist with daily donation intake
- Record assigned monthly transactions
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts monthly, quarterly or annually as assigned
- Prepare workpapers for annual audited financial statements
- Respond to staff questions about financial transactions; make corrections and identify process changes related to corrections
- Raise an agreed-upon amount of financial support
- Assist with any other duties assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have some accounting or finance experience
- Accounts payable and/or data entry experience is preferred
- Intermediate skillset in Excel
- Any experience with Salesforce is a huge plus
- Strong multitasking, prioritizing and time-management skills
- Ability to handle all matters in a confidential manner
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Great work environment
- Growing and mission driven organization
- Option to wear jeans daily
- Health insurance
Hours: Full-time hours 7:00am – 4:00pm, 8:00am – 5:00pm and/or 9:00am – 6:00pm
Pay for the Accounting Specialist position: $18.00 – $21.00 / hr. –based on experience
Location: Madison, WI
Job ID: 138564
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.