Are you an Accounting Specialist who has strong multitasking and prioritizing skills? Are you an Accounting Specialist who is looking for an opportunity within a fun, laid back team environment?
Our client is an electrical contractor. They provide a work environment that empowers their employees and they understand the importance of a work life balance.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Accounting Specialist, you will process vendor invoices daily and reconcile vendor statements.
- Responsible for maintaining current certificates of insurance and W9’s
- Set up new vendor and record all company credit card transactions
- Process employee expense reports for payment, cash receipts and petty cash
- Enter wire transfers, credit card payments and paper checks
- Processes credit card payments online
- Disburse petty cash and record all petty cash transactions
- Process monthly journal entries and pay invoices by verifying transaction information; scheduling and preparing disbursements
- Verify accounts by reconciling statements and transactions
- Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issue stop payments or adjustments
- Review and process job cost information as submitted by Project Managers and resolve errors
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls
- Maintain financial historical records by filing accounting document
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1+ years of any type of accounting experience in any capacity is highly preferred
- Would consider a student who is going to school for accounting
- Any payroll experience is highly preferred
- Any construction experience of knowledge is a plus
- An Associate degree or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is highly preferred
- Computer savvy with the ability to learn new software/programs quickly
- Intermediate skillset in Excel, basic in MSWD and Outlook
- Any experience working with Spectrum is a plus
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude
- Self-motivated, lifelong learner and team player
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as financial reports, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as tax, discounts and interest
- Strong multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Must demonstrate flexibility in times of business and organizational change
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Culture based training and development
- Fun, laid back and team atmosphere
- Benefits offered for full-time hours
Hours: 25-40 hours per week between the hours of 7:00am – 5:00pm, contact us for details
Length: Temporary to Hire or Direct Hire
Pay for the Accounting Specialist position: $14.00 – $18.00 / hr.- based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 138938
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.