Are you a Buyer who has strong Excel skills? Are you a Buyer who is looking for an opportunity with a very well-known stable company in the Green Bay area?
Our client is a nationwide company who is dedicated to continuous improvement of their products and services.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Buyer, you will assist with performing and maintaining the routine daily functions of the procurement department.
- Prepare, issue, and analyze any document requests such as purchase orders, request for quotes or proposals from customers
- Negotiate contracts
- Prepare and issue purchase orders
- Procure and expedite emergency products and services
- Expedite daily products and services for customer requests
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships
- Resolve internal customer and supplier disputes
- Reconcile receiving and invoice discrepancies
- Report on delivery status and order backlogs
- Assist with physical inventory
- Participate in manufacturing, engineering, operations and purchasing meetings
- Help to develop cost savings plans
- Assist with other procurement initiatives as required
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 3+ years of buyer, procurement or sourcing experience within a manufacturing industry
- Experience in storeroom operations, inventory management and control is a plus
- Advanced training in negotiating, contracts, and business law is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business is a plus
- Any certifications in CPSM, CPM, CSCP, CPP or CPPM is a plus
- Computer/tech savvy to learn new software quickly
- Basic skillset in MSWD and intermediate in Excel
- Professional, friendly, personable and easygoing
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong work ethic and team player
WHAT YOU GET:
- Very well known stable company in the area
- Opportunity to get some great experience on their resume
- Very friendly team and environment to work in
- Health insurance
Hours: 7:30am – 4:00pm
Pay for the Buyer position: $21.50 / hr.
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job ID: 137180
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.