Are you a Buyer who is extremely detailed? Are you a Buyer who has excellent multitasking and problem solving skills?
Our client distributes industrial hydraulic products and has been in business for well over 100 years.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Buyer, you will review requisitions, confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Order reschedule and cancel material based on requisitions
- Maintain procurement records
- Approve invoices for payment and expedite delivery of goods to users
- Analyze inventory levels and prepare liability reports
- Gather quotations, examine bids, negotiate contracts and make awards
- May plan, schedule and monitor the movement of materials through the production cycle
- Interface with suppliers and customers to secure both delivery and the best market price
- Make tactical buying decisions, execute corporate sourcing programs and purchasing high dollar parts
- Conduct quarterly supplier reviews
- Maintain procurement records, reports and metrics
- Prepare and/or reviews bid requests and negotiate contracts within budgetary limitations
- Do cycle checking or spot checking inventory
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 1-3+ years of experience working in a commodity purchasing role within a manufacturing environment
- University or college degree in a related field is preferred
- Computer/tech savvy with the ability to learn and use many software programs
- Intermediate skillset in Excel
- Any experience in ERP systems is a plus
- Professional, focused and driven
- Ability to jump in and catch on quickly
- Must be data-driven, logical and analytical
- Strong multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Must be intensely collaborative
- Must be passionately focused on the customer
- Strong organizational skills in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to work and meet objectives
- High attention to detail is critical
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Team player
Hours: Full-time hours between 6:30am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire or Direct Hire
Pay for the Buyer position: $16.00 – $24.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Kaukauna, WI
Job ID: 137746
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com