Are you a Collections Specialist who has strong people skills? Are you a Collections Specialist who is looking for an opportunity to make a work in a collaborative, team environment?
Our client is nationally recognized and one of the largest financial cooperatives in the county. They strive to identify their employees’ strengths and are committed to the communities they serve.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Collections Specialist, you will provide outstanding, helpful service, display sensitivity and proactively seek alternatives to assist members.
- Contact members by telephone and email communication and occasionally by in-person interactions
- Maintain accurate and consistent documentation of all collection activity
- Determine circumstances causing delinquency and negotiate resolutions that help members and reduces their risk
- Demonstrate exceptional listening and communication skills
- Respond effectively to deescalate and resolve challenging interactions
- Research account activity to verify status and identify errors
- Recommend alternative payment plans within acceptable limits
- Recommend appropriate legal action when all efforts to collect have been exhausted
- Promptly communicate high risk situations to management
- Prepare charge off recommendations
- Analyze credit reports, vehicle valuations and budgets
- Work with debt management/debt settlement companies and recommend a response
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Collections experience is preferred
- Customer service experience, (preferably customer retention experience)
- Financial, loan, banking industry knowledge is preferred
- Wisconsin Consumer Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act and / or fair debt collections practices knowledge is a plus
- MSWD, Excel and Outlook skills
- Computer savvy to be trained on company specific systems
- Adapt quickly to constant changes in a fast paced environment
- Change priorities while staying organized
- High level of attention to detail
WHAT YOU GET:
- Team oriented and highly collaborative environment
- Company that is active in the community and focuses on giving back to the community they serve
- Family focused culture
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, occasional Saturday (monthly) 8:00am – 12:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire or Direct Hire
Pay for the Collections Specialist position: $19.00 – $21.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Neenah, WI
Job ID: 140848
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.