Are you a Customer Service Representative who is looking for an opportunity with a non-profit organization? Are you a Customer Service Representative who is passionate about helping people?
Our client administers a federally funded low-income assistance program. They offer a variety of specialized services provided locally.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Customer Service Representative, you will receive primarily inbound calls for the program.
- Assess the needs of customers, clarify information and direct requests for additional assistance to appropriate personnel
- Make some outbound calls to schedule appointments and prepare clients for appointments and confirming what to bring
- Process applications and establish eligibility for energy assistance programs
- Review completed forms to ensure all information has been entered for data entry
- Determine eligibility and authorize payments
- Verify or assist applicant in assembling verification documents and follow up on incomplete forms
- File completed applications
- Answer client and vendor questions regarding program eligibility, benefit levels and forms of payment for the rental assistance program
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 3-5 years of customer service experience, ideally involving phone work
- Bilingual in English, Spanish or Hmong is ideal
- Any experience dealing with clients in a crisis situation is a also a plus
- Experience working with a non-profit is ideal
- Basic skillset in MSWD and Excel is preferred
- Comfortable working with email
- Strong accurate data entry and typing skills
- Extremely compassionate, patient and service oriented
- Excellent phone etiquette and phone skills
- Ability to stay calm in often times a chaotic and a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle high call volume
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent listening and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people
- Ability to work well independently as well as with a team
- Strong work ethic and team player attitude
WHAT YOU GET:
- Chance to work for the greater good of people
- Great foot in the door
- Rewarding work that can help save lives
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Hours: 40 – 45 hours per week 8:00am – 5:00pm, contact us for details
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Customer Service Representative position: $16.00 – $18.00 / hr.
Location: Madison, WI
Job ID: 139370
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.