Are you an Estimator who has strong math skills? Are you an Estimator who is looking for an opportunity within a family friendly company that offers great benefits?
Our client is a wholesale distributor of plastics and the sales of plastic machined parts.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Estimator, you will produce labor and material costs for machined parts, which will then be used by Inside Sales, Shop Manager and Purchasing.
- Review incomplete quotes for new and repeat machined parts
- Prioritize and complete requests for quotations
- Open drawings of parts using multiple viewers and understand the file types and software used
- Read and interpret a wide variety of blueprints
- Enter routing steps (times and methods to make each machined part)
- Enter material costs for stocked and non-stocked materials
- Identify if standard tooling can be used to make the part or if tooling needs to be sourced
- Import files, measure and look at detail before quoting
- Work with the Senior Estimator on sourcing materials or tooling
- Review repeat parts to identify previous costs
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Manufacturing experience is highly preferred
- Ability to read blue prints is highly preferred
- Machine shop experience is highly preferred
- Would consider experience with or willing to learn machining techniques and plastics
- Would consider a clear understanding of how things are made within the manufacturing environment
- Strong math skills
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical personnel
- Excel skills
- Experience with an ERP system, Mastercam and Drawing Viewers is a plus
- Ability to work well independently with a keen attention to detail
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong comprehension skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Truly solid team
- Family-friendly company
- Steady growth
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid vacation
- Personal/sick days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gain share program
Hours: 40 hours 7:30am – 4:00pm or 8:00am – 4:30pm
Length: Temporary to Hire or Direct Hire
Pay for the Estimator position: $20.00- $25.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 140608
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.