Are you an Accounting Assistant who is extremely detailed and accurate? Are you an Accounting Assistant who is looking for an opportunity within an established non-profit organization?
Our client is a non-profit organization that has been active in the Green Bay area communities since 1994.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Accounting Assistant, you will provide support to the Controller.
- Review internal financial documents for accuracy
- Compare invoices to budget documents and investigate discrepancies
- Prepare subcontractor budget modification documentation
- Work with internal staff to process payroll and cash disbursements for clients
- Prepare purchasing requisitions
- Prepare and code invoices for entry and payment
- Print checks for signature and mail checks
- Create and manage accounts
- Assist the Controller in annual audit preparation and documentation for independent, state and subcontract monitoring
- Maintain the agency fiscal filing system
- Handle the company fiscal, supportive services and training reimbursement policies and procedures
- Train, monitor and communicate with staff in the application of company policy and procedures
- Work with vendors to develop and maintain purchasing agreements for company supplies, equipment and other fixed asset inventory
- Coordinate with the administrative professional to maintain the company website with financial updates
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 2+ years of well-rounded accounting experience including accounts payable, receivable, general ledger, financial statements, etc.
- Any experience working with fund accounting is a huge plus
- Any experience working in a non-profit is also a plus
- Any experience working with “uniform guidance” would again also be a huge plus
- Must have either a Technical Diploma, Associate or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or possibly Business if they had classes focusing on accounting
- Intermediate skillset in Excel
- Any knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- Self-motivated and focused
- Must want to learn how the company works and do things how they do them and follow the processes
- Must understand the type of accounting they do
- Must be extremely detailed and accurate
- Must be willing to double check your work and have a 100 % confidence in your accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines in a very fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Wonderful non-profit organization
- Small office, everyone gets along
- Opportunity to learn new things
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire or Direct Hire
Pay for the Accounting Assistant position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job ID: 137797
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.