Are you a Fiscal Clerk who has excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills? Are you a Fiscal Clerk who is looking for an opportunity with a company that truly helps people?
Our client administers a federally funded low-income assistance program. They offer a variety of specialized services provided locally.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Fiscal Clerk, you will process all of the accounts payable, provide support to the fiscal manager and staff accountant.
- Help improve processes and process incoming donations
- Process account payable
- Enter all weekly time sheets for all temporary employees in a spreadsheet
- Assist with accounts receivable and/or some payroll
- Help with account and bank reconciliations
- Help with special projects to include data analysis, Excel reporting, sorting, organizing and auditing all expense reports
- Assist with auditing or compliance monitoring
- Print 1099’s and prepare for mailings
- Handle monthly and annual accounts payable reports
- Assist with any other duties as assigned such as agency mass mailings and/or other clerical projects as needed
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2+ years of true accountant experience
- Must have experience with account reconciliations, journal entries, etc.
- Someone who has held the title of staff accountant or senior accountant role is ideal
- Any non-profit accounting experience is a plus
- Experience within a non-profit organization is highly preferred
- Must have an overall good grasp of computers
- Basic skillset in MSWD and Excel
- Any experience with formulas and graphs, pivot tables within Excel is a huge plus
- Ability to catch on quickly to their software
- Strong typing skills
- Go-getter and motivated
- Strong multitasking and prioritizing skills in a deadline driven environment
- Strong follow through skills
- Ability to pick up on things quickly
- Must work very well independently with minimal directions
- Must be comfortable handling clerical functions and help out wherever needed
- Must have a sense of urgency and take ownership on the role and on their duties
- Strong work ethic
WHAT YOU GET:
- Organization has been assisting residents of Wisconsin for the past 35 years
- Rewarding work
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Fiscal Clerk position: $20.00 – $25.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Madison, WI
Job ID: 138303
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.