Are you an Insurance Account Specialist who has medical billing/collections experience? Are you an Insurance Account Specialist who enjoys detailed work?
Our client is a chiropractic clinic in the Oshkosh area that has been servicing their patients since 1994.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As an Insurance Account Specialist, you will prepare and submit initial claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
- Answers inquiries from patients, clerical staff and insurance companies
- Identify and resolve patient billing complaints
- Prepare, review and send patient statements
- Evaluate patient’s financial status and establish financial agreements
- Follow and report status of delinquent accounts
- Prepare, bill and send patient records to authorized parties
- Same day verification of patient’s benefits
- Prepare auto/workers’ compensation/personal injury monthly status reports
- Review past due accounts, make recommendations to the practice operations supervisor and also prepare information for outside collections
- Perform various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, correcting and resubmitting claims to third party payers
- Processes payments from insurance companies and prepare a daily deposit
- Review billing reports, ensure timeliness/accuracy of all claim submissions and billing procedures
- Process remittance advice for submitting secondary claims
- Follow up on outstanding claims not paid within 45 days
- Participate in educational activities and attend weekly staff meetings
- Conduct financial consult with patients
- Audit all patient accounts
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with medical billing/collections experience
- 1+ year of experience with dealing with medical insurance processes
- Must be able to read and process EOBs
- Associate degree is a plus
- Computer savvy with the ability to catch on quickly to new programs
- Must maintain the strictest confidentiality and adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations
- Ability to work well independently and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Clinic strives to help patients live healthy and pain free lives without medicine or surgery
- Great longevity of staff
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid vacation
Hours: 8:00am – 4:00pm or 9:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Insurance Account Specialist position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Job ID: 138481
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.