Are you a Junior Estimator who is looking for a Direct Hire opportunity? Are you a Junior Estimator who has strong math skills?
Our client is a wholesale distributor of plastics and the sales of plastic machined parts.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Junior Estimator, you will produce labor and material costs for machined parts, which will then be used by inside sales, shop manager, and purchasing.
- Review incomplete quotes for new and repeat machined parts
- Work closely with the Estimator to prioritize and complete requests for quotations
- Open drawings of parts using multiple viewers and understanding the file types and software used
- Read and interpret a wide variety of blueprints
- Enter routing steps (times and methods to make each machined part)
- Enter material costs for stocked and non-stocked materials
- Identify if standard tooling can be used to make the part or if tooling needs to be sourced
- Import files, measure and look at detail before quoting
- Work with the Senior Estimator on sourcing materials or tooling
- Review repeat parts to identify previous costs
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have a clear understanding of how things are made within the manufacturing environment
- Estimating experience within a manufacturing or shop environment is ideal
- Experience with working in a machine shop or working with milling machines or lathes is ideal
- Strong math skills with the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Must be able to explain technical information to non-technical personnel
- Basic Excel skills
- Experience with an ERP system, Mastercam and drawing viewers is helpful
- Ability to work independently with a keen attention to detail
- Solid problem solving skills
- Strong comprehension skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Truly solid team
- Small and family-owned company
Hours: 7:30am – 4:30pm
Length: Direct Hire
Pay for the Junior Estimator position: $15.00- $19.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 138286
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.