Are you a Legal Assistant who has litigation, personal injury and/or insurance defense experience? Are you a Legal Assistant who has strong people skills?
Our client is a law firm in the Fox Valley area.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Legal Assistant, you will maintain an attorney’s calendar.
- Schedule conferences, teleconferences, depositions, court appearances, meetings, and travel
- Monitor court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements
- Transcribe, compose, and type routine correspondence, memos, legal documents and pleadings for attorney review and revision
- Proofread copy for spelling, grammar and layout and make appropriate changes
- Establish, maintain, and update filing system
- Generate revenue by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses
- Prepare billing statements
- File correspondence and legal documents in office filing system
- E-file documents with state and federal courts and county offices
- Open and close files
- Open mail
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2+ years legal assistant experience
- Legal experience in the areas of litigation, personal injury and/or insurance defense preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- MSWD, Excel and Outlook skills
- Strong and accurate typing skills
- Professional people skills and demeanor
- Work independently, hit the ground running
- Strong organizational skills
- Exercise sound judgement
- Maintain confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
WHAT YOU GET:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Legal Assistant position: $18.00 / hr. + based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 139509
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.