Are you a Lending Specialist who is looking for a Direct Hire opportunity? Are you a Lending Specialist who has effective negotiation skills?
Our client is a well-established financial institution that is proud to know their members on a first name basis. They offer a full-range of financial products and services.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Lending Specialist, you will assist members with the loan application process and conduct in-depth interviews with members to obtain all necessary information for making credit decisions.
- Pull credit report and verify debts, income and calculate debt ratio
- Determine collateral needs and payment plans for members applying for loans
- Approve/deny loan applications according to loan policies
- Prepare all appropriate documents for consumer loans, including filing necessary papers with the Register of Deeds or Department of Motor Vehicles
- Explain reasons for denial and explore options for members when loans are denied
- Prepare all appropriate mortgage loan documents including title searches, appraisals and other legal work
- Confer with members, title companies, brokers, attorneys, director of lending on routine basis
- Ensure approved loans are properly documented, liens filed or perfected and all paperwork is properly completed
- Disburse loans properly and accurately, and answer member questions
- Mail proper documents for paid loans
- Loan department filing
- Will be responsible for member insurance filings and cancellations
- Approve and process credit card payments and other maintenance, including e-OSCAR
- Implement new loan products and services in accordance with management directions
- Cross-sell lending products and other credit union services as needed
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor or management
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 2 years of experience working in a lending department of a credit union or other financial institution
- Knowledge of consumer and mortgage loans, credit granting criteria and how interest rates are computed
- Good math skills
- Computer savvy with the ability to catch on to new programs quickly
- Strong attention to detail
- Efficient and accurate
- Effective negotiator
- Must have strong communication skills
WHAT YOU GET:
- Well-established company
- Company that prides themselves on knowing their members by name
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Direct Hire
Pay for the Lending Specialist position: $18.31 – $20.41 /hr. – based on experience
Location: Fond du Lac, WI
Job ID: 138658
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.