Are you a Logistics Specialist who is extremely detail oriented? Are you a Logistics Specialist who is looking for a foot in the door with a growing and well-known company?
Our client is passionate about employee development and success. Continuously growing nationally and internationally, they know the value of giving back to the community through volunteerism, donations, and scholarships. They strive to make a difference in the world.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Logistics Specialist, you will review transportation contracts to identify cost saving opportunities.
- Determine proper codes for export requests
- Ensure compliance to international shipment regulations
- Coordinate shipments based on customer requirements including international shipments with freight forwarders
- Coordinate the pickup and delivery of rerouted or re-cosigned freight
- Assist with preparation of routing guides for shipping locations
- Process freight claims with carriers and warehouses for losses, damages, product overages and shortages
- Assist with freight audits to ensure accurate payment and assist with other duties within the logistics area
- Provide guidance to plant facilities and internal customers on how to resolve logistic issues
- Negotiate spot pricing and coordinate shipments requiring expedited service
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2+ years of inventory, bills of lading, transportation, shipping/receiving, logistics, supply chain, purchasing, buying or related manufacturing experience
- prefer candidates that have ability to do basic cost analysis to understand contract to invoice variability
- Knowledge of international rules/regulations and laws is preferred
- Knowledge of import/export transportation documents or codes is preferred
- Experience working with transportation vendors is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Strong data entry skills
- Intermediate Excel and basic MSWD skills
- Strong attention to detail and extremely accurate
- Good follow through
- Ability to manage small project scopes and meet those deadlines/handle the changing priorities
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships
WHAT YOU GET:
- Foot in the door with a well-known company
- Company that gives back to the community
- Continuously growing
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Scholarship programs
Hours: Full-time hours between 8:00am – 5:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Logistics Specialist position: $17.00 – $20.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Job ID: 139099
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.