Are you a Payroll / Junior Staff Accountant who has detailed math and numbers skills? Are you a Payroll / Junior Staff Accountant who is looking for a career opportunity within a growing team environment?
Our client is a food distribution company that has been in business for almost 100 years.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Payroll / Junior Staff Accountant, you will ensure accurate and timely set-up and processing of new hires, transfers and promotions.
- Perform data processing to include hours worked, compensation changes, commissions, incentives and deductions
- Submit payroll weekly through web based portal
- Maintain well organized records, files and other related documents
- Ensure complete confidentiality of payroll data, records and personal information
- Track employee vacation, sick and holiday records
- Labor report
- Accounts payable
- Journal entries- month-end processes
- Weekly management reports
- Weekly cash report and bank reconciliation
- Customer monthly commission processing
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have well-rounded accounting experience
- Payroll experience is highly preferred
- Would consider a recent Accounting graduate with an internship
- Associate degree in Accounting is preferred but will consider equivalent experience
- Excel skills
- Must have detailed math and number skills
- Must be able to multitask as responsibilities can change at a moment’s notice
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- High level of accuracy
- Ability to problem solve and work well independently
- Team player
- Career-driven and strong work ethic
WHAT YOU GET:
- Opportunity for growth
- Great longevity within the company
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Hours: 40 hours per week 8 hours between 6:30am – 4:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire would consider Direct Hire
Pay for the Payroll / Junior Staff Accountant position: $18.00 – $22.00 / hr. – based on experience
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 139800
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.