Are you a Payroll Specialist II who has strong prioritizing and problem solving skills? Are you a Payroll Specialist II who is looking for an opportunity to start ASAP with part-time hours?
Our client has been serving the Fox Valley area and consumers around the globe for over 100 years. Our client is a well-known manufacturing company that currently provides employment for over 1300 families in our community.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Payroll Specialist II, you will process special payrolls, assist with integrations and configurations of HR processes into HRIS to support business strategies.
- Verify integrity of employee data by conducting frequent audits
- Administer wage garnishments, attachments, levies, etc.
- Ensure compliance with child support agencies, internal revenue and district courts
- Create and distribute W2’s and perform entry of adjustments
- Create, post journal entries and reconcile general ledger accounts
- Coordinate with bank to transfer completed payroll files
- Process daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports
- Work with third party administrator to reconcile, file quarterly and annual tax return filings
- Calculate/gross-up off-cycle checks, review, edit and make corrections/adjustments
- Answer employee questions and resolve employee pay concerns
- Provide support of day-to-day activities associated with corporate payroll including time entries, direct deposit changes and employee reimbursements
- Participate in identified projects
- Payroll or time entry system migration or integration
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 3+ years of experience in a complex payroll environment
- Must have knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Fundamental of Payroll Certification (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred
- Basic skillset in MSWD, Excel and Outlook
- Any experience with Workday and Kronos payroll software and electronic time tracking software is preferred
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong prioritizing skills and must adhere to strict timelines/deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently
WHAT YOU GET:
- Great benefits which include a wellness center
- Work/life balance
Hours: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 7:30am – 4:00pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Payroll Specialist II position: $20.00 / hr.
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 138551
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.