Are you a Procurement Manager who has strong Excel skills? Are you a Procurement Manager who is looking for an opportunity within a stable and family oriented company?
Our client manufactures and markets specialized products for the transportation industry. They are a global leader that is both customer-centric and employee-supportive.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for the planning and placing of orders, rescheduling delivery of orders for assigned parts, materials and supplies pertaining to the manufacturing process and daily business activities.
- Review the MRP report for purchasing requirements and execute daily actions
- Communicate forecasted requirements to suppliers
- Maintain inventory levels
- Maintain accurate planning metrics including lead times, costing, purchasing information and safety stock levels
- Conduct regular reviews of current usage levels to ensure proper ordering volumes and patterns are followed to support the production in the plant
- Review all available reports for shortages/excess and take action to expedite or disposition material
- Manage supplier invoicing approval to minimize purchase price variances and adherence to contract terms
- Resolve non-conforming product, invoicing and other issues to ensure availability of product and timely payment to suppliers
- Act as a liaison between suppliers and other departments to resolve procurement related problems
- Escalate internal organizational issues and all issues pertaining to suppliers to the correct department for follow through
- Respond to customer inquiries
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other procurement-related tasks as needed
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 3-4+ years of experience in purchasing and procurement
- Must have experience in sourcing, negotiations and developing cost saving initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management is highly preferred
- Basic skillset in MSWD and intermediate/advanced in Excel
- Must have used an MRP, ERP system or something similar
- Professional demeanor, positive and hard working
- Excellent multitasking skills
- Must be okay with more on the job type of training
- Ability to adapt well to change in a constantly changing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Strong work ethic and team player
WHAT YOU GET:
- Stable company that is family oriented with good longevity
- Variety of tasks
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm or 8:00am – 5:00pm
Pay for the Procurement Manager position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: De Pere, WI
Job ID: 138020
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.