Are you a Purchasing Assistant who is looking to build a career with a great company? Are you a Purchasing Assistant who has strong knowledge of Excel?
Our client is a major supplier of tools for companies and has been in business for over 15 years.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Purchasing Assistant, you will communicate with Account Managers, process quotation requests, and obtain current pricing and lead time.
- Research, source and locate materials, equipment and supplies that meet customer requirements
- Resolve a variety of issues to include, but not limited to: part number/description discrepancies
- Process orders for emergent materials and coordinate shipping/tracking
- Provide current cost-savings reports to corporate monthly
- Obtain and process return authorizations for repairs and/or defective materials
- Obtain current pricing, ship-to addresses, arrange payment terms and all other required information necessary for original purchases, return and replacement shipments
- Assist with warehouse duties as needed, including operating forklifts, pallet jacks and delivery vehicles
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Customer service and office support experience
- Entry level purchasing/procurement, shipping/receiving or logistics experience is a plus
- Must be very comfortable moving around within Excel
- Experience with an ERP system or Sage would be a plus
- Confident in learning new systems
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Comfortable with talking with customers and vendors
- Must be okay with working in both an office and warehouse environment
- High attention to detail and be accurate
- Must be career focused
WHAT YOU GET:
- Family and team environment
- Growth opportunities
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Bonus opportunities
- Paid vacation
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Length: Temporary to Hire
Pay for the Purchasing Assistant position: $18.00 / hr.
Location: Appleton, WI
Job ID: 139092
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.