Are you a Safety Manager who has experience working in safety? Are you a Safety Manager who is looking for a Direct Hire opportunity?
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As a Safety Manager, you will be responsible for leading the safety, health and environmental programs for the company.
- Create and update required safety and environmental programs
- Create, lead and build a safety culture throughout the organization
- Provide safety/environmental training and orientation programs
- Develop, track and analyze safety statistics, make recommendations and establish corrective action programs
- Report to management on a timely basis trends, compliance issues, etc.
- Compile data and prepare reports as needed for regulatory agencies
- Coordinate and facilitate safety events such as safety committee meetings and safety discussions
- Conduct safety reviews and make recommendations on new projects
- Perform audits to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Analyze workplace safety and health hazards
- Implement established safety procedures, utilization of safety equipment and devices
- Prepare and file environmental reports and interface with regulatory agencies, prepare and secure all necessary permits
- Ensure accurate recordkeeping requirements are met and annual reports are filed
- Lead the investigation of all serious accidents/injuries and monitor investigations of all minor accidents and injuries
- Work with workers’ compensation carrier to ensure the timely return to work or restricted work duty of injured associates and manage all workers’ compensation activities
- Perform other related duties assigned
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Must have 2-5+ years of experience working in safety
- Must have experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Any experience with working with workers compensation reporting is a plus
- Experience with OSHA, EPA, and other regulations and standards is a plus
- Experience working with ISO 9000 quality standards is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety related field is a plus
- Any certifications as a safety professional is a plus
- Computer/tech savvy
- Basic skillset in MSWD and Excel
- Must be approachable and personable
- Ability to work well independently
- Must take initiative, be confident, assertive but yet not aggressive
- Strong communication skills
- Must want to improve the safety processes and get the employees involved in the company’s safety overall
- Strong work ethic
WHAT YOU GET:
- Variety with position
- Company likes to promote within
- Great company all around
- Full-time benefits offered
Hours: 40-50 hours per week, contact us for details
Length: Direct Hire
Pay for the Safety Manager position: Based on experience, contact us for details
Location: Green Bay, WI
Job ID: 138334
Job descriptions may not include every responsibility or qualification of the position.
Cadre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To learn more about Cadre and to view hundreds of immediate openings, please visit our website at www.cadreservices.com.